Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our first cold was a doozie


Jack has been battling a cold for almost a week. Being a first time mother I have to say I don't think I was paranoid or pushy enough. Last week Jack had to see the on call doctor because Dr. Tran wasn't in. We brought him in due to a fever that was ranging from 99.8-102 sounds pretty bad right?? Well Dr. Kellogg aka Dr. Quack said we had nothing to be concerned about and sent us on our merry way.
Jack's fever persisted and actually got worse..add to that a very wet cough, and running nose. I called a couple of times to the Dr's office spoke with several nurses and one response was "bring him in IF his fever goes over 103". That just didn't seem right to me so I called again and this time I was able to speak with one of Jack's regular nurses and they said bring him in right away.
When we arrived Dr. Tran set up chest x-ray and discovered that Jack has Bronchiolitis which is a viral infection of the lungs and needed to be put on breathing treatments of albuertol every 4-6hrs. Jack is a trooper and we are praying that he gets better soon. I hate seeing my little baby boy sick.



No comments:

Post a Comment